Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Final games brings much anticipation




So the final week of regular season college football is upon us.

There are two games this Saturday that will make or break the year for me. First of all, Purdue University vs. Indiana University. This game is important to because I am a student at Purdue University and of course IU is our rival. It’s the bucket game and this is what the season boils down to. I’m pretty confident in Curtis Painter’s ability to make this a good game. Dorien Bryant and the rest of the team have been pulling their slack for the most part over the couple of weeks. They did better than I expected against Michigan State. I can’t blame the team for anything bad over the last couple weeks. If I were to place blame, it would be upon the coaching staff and the of course the referees.




The second game that has me in major anticipation for this Saturday is the University of Michigan vs. Ohio State University. Being that I’m not from Indiana, I don’t completely feel the rivalry that most native “hoosiers” feel between Purdue and IU. Therefore, I get excited about beating IU, but not THAT excited. However, despite being born and raised in Illinois, I have been a Michigan fan for most of my life. I go to Ann Arbor about once a month and love it there. And, as any Michigan fan does, I hate Ohio State. I can’t deny that they are good. I just don’t like them. So this weekend will be interesting. I wouldn’t be as riled up for it as I am if Ohio State didn’t lose last week to University of Illinois. This shows that Michigan does have a shot since they beat Illinois just a few weeks ago. Last week Michigan lost to Wisconsin, but I think that both teams want this not just because they hate each other but to compensate for their losses last week. Hopefully, Henne and Hart will be fully healthy and ready to go for the game.

So as the final week approaches us before the bowl games, there is a lot to be excited for. Hopefully Michigan and Purdue pull through for me.

No comments: